Tuesday 7 April 2015

Shibari performing models – why no +size models December 2014

I love ropes and I love seeing photographs of shows wherever they happen.
But I have noticed that there are no + size models (ie size 16 or over).
Why is that? Is it to fit in the usual aesthetics that slim bodies offers (beautiful aesthetics still), a safety concern due to what is required from the models (be upside down, in whatever position that is impossible for most of us), or whatever other reasons.
I am not writing this because I am a + size but mostly because BDSM is the world that I have found the most welcoming and inspiring. And yet, come to those shows, it is back to slim is better. I am sure you have some + size ladies who are very very flexible. What’s stopping them to be in these production?
It’s just a thought on a random Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment