Tuesday 7 April 2015

Life changes - February 2015

The past few years, I have lived my life going through the motions, accepting whatever good or bad came my way. I am divorcing, breaking from a life of apathy and boredom.
Because I was the dutiful wife, always there when needed, I have been taken for granted and as such my needs were not met. That was not a problem because the woman in me was sleeping in a deep coma.
But now I am a woman and I want to be that first and foremost. I am not “mum” like I don’t have an identity anymore. I am Hélène (my real name). And yes, I am a mother. But I am more than a mother. I am a friend. I am a best friend. I am an ass-kicker.
But mostly I am independent, self-reliant. I don’t depend on anyone. If I fall, I have to get up. If I hurt, I have to heal and move on.
I don’t know what the future will be like. I know that I will be ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment