Tuesday 7 April 2015

My Fifty Shades of Grey rant of the day

Here’s the thing: this book has reached millions of people & is pilloried by the BDSM community for various reasons (all legitimate by the way).
BUT pause a second and think about how many people it has helped understanding that, actually there is something in that book that sounds like me. I am not talking about Christian’s warped personality or Ana’s naivety. I am talking about the BDSM actual play (I am not mentioning anything about safety or whatever here). I am just saying that it is something that went down to my inner being and woke up something dormant in me.
Because I read this book, I went on to read real BDSM books and it confirmed what I was feeling. Then I outed to someone I actually didn’t know was in the lifestyle and it went on from there.
Yes, Fifty is not a literary piece like Dickens, yes it is not really SSC but hell it changed my life! I am divorcing thanks to that book, I am happy in my body & head thanks to that book, I met fantastic people thanks to that book.
So please, stop thinking the worst and see that Fifty Shades of Grey can be a blessing too.
My Saturday rant…

No comments:

Post a Comment