Tuesday 16 June 2015

M for Music - #SpankingA2Z

M for music

My life does have a soundtrack. Important times in my life have been punctuated by specific songs.

When my D/s relationship broke up, I was very much listening to Robyn, Be mine. It very much corresponded to how I was feeling at the time. It could have been on any other subjects, but I thought it was what I needed at the time.

The chorus goes like this:

You never were and never will be mine

I think it reflects very much the fact that relationships are that. We don't belong to one another. We just share a moment, a joy, a pain. Also inherently we are free and as free beings, we have the right and obligations to be true to ourselves and end a relationship when there is no longer something positive to be gained from it.

It may sound cold but it makes that moment shared all the more valuable. I have spent 17 years with someone I was not happy with, and he unhappy with me. Now we are both happy apart. Being free makes all the difference.

I am starting a new relationship with someone new. I am looking forward to sharing other great moments and possibly have a new iconic song.

At the moment, it is Cascada, Glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment