Saturday 27 June 2015

X for Exes - #SpankingA2Z

I think the secret to happiness is not to have the following:

Expectations
Regrets
Remorse
A need to hang onto the past
A need to prepare for the future

Yes, we can prepare for the future but only within reason, it should not become pathological which has become the case with my husband and caused the failure of my marriage. He wanted to build for our old ages and our son but forgot that he had a family and that we needed him more than we needed his money.

I have decided not to hang on to this feeling of wasted years waiting for someone who would, in the end, never be in the here and now.

Now, Exes. There are more exes than my husband. They can be Doms, friends, colleagues, bosses. They can be whoever.
Whatever has happened, positive or negative, there is no point hanging on to it as it belongs to the past. You need to move on.

I reflect on those with emotions but I won't let them stop me from moving on.

My journey is a straight line. Some have been travelling on the same route and we have shared those moments for years. Some are only on this route for a short period.

My point is to enjoy the time you have with them for as long as it lasts. Focus on the present. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. I could be dead tomorrow for all I know. And it would be OK. Why? Because I am at peace with myself and I am happy, with the world and with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment