Monday 25 May 2015

Running joke: looking for a Dom is like looking for an employee

It is not a secret that I am looking for a Dom. I take this search very seriously and yes, I went through quite a few candidates who have either rejected me or me rejected them. Some became friends along the way.

Someone found it funny that I kind of treat this like a job interview.

In a way, I don't see why that would be wrong. At the end of the day, I want someone who will be right for me, and right for the right reasons.  How can I determine that if I don't ask them questions, find out how they tick, who they are in real life? I don't want a bastard in real life but someone who can be there for me even if we are not physically together, being a mum causing that complication and I want my help and compassion to be welcomed too. How would I find out if I don't dig deeper than just what is on the surface?

I want my D/s to succeed so I am not going to jump to the first candidate who seem to correspond to my profile.

D/s is serious business. I don't want a casual D/s relationship. I want a proper one, a long lasting one, a relationship that can survive the bumps of life. That's why the Dom's vanilla personality is so important to me as it will be what is going to make it or break it eventually.

So I prefer to choose wisely and to choose right. The interview process is the only way for me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment